A free, and first, winter party in Yaletown featuring contemporary light installations.
Petzl Charlet Quark Hammer.. my new babes.. they are sure the right tools for my vertical endeavors.
This is a professional description says about my new technical ice tools:
The QUARK is the classic all-around ice tool for vertical ice and mixed climbing. A balanced, smooth swing and aggressive pick design have made this tool the standard by which all other ice tools are judged. The curved shaft offers ample clearance for mantling and hooking cauliflower ice formations. The included forged CASCADE pick is tapered for excellent penetration in even brittle ice and is easy to remove once placed. GRIPREST increases climbing comfort and makes it possible to climb leashless. Available in adze and hammer versions.
– Curve and geometry of shaft make for smooth, efficient swinging and solid, precise placements.
– No-slip dual-density grip for climbing performance.
– GRIPREST increases comfort when climbing, allowing the tool to be used leashless. Can be removed for plunging in snow.
– Included CASCADE pick is designed for maximum efficiency and penetration in all types of ice; beveled for easy removal; stable when hooking.
– Steel spike at the bottom of shaft for traction when walking.
– Adze (included with U19 P) can be used in hard snow, cleaning cracks and for clearing ice.
– Low profile hammer (included with U19 M) is designed for jamming in cracks, etc.
– Easy to remove CLIPPER leash included.
CASCADE pick included
CLIPPER leash included
Shaft: type T
Length: 50 cm